What will I learn with Blissful Birthing: KGHypnobirthing Sessions
Split over four session, you'll learn:
- Practical techniques to help achieve a positive and empowering birth, including: breathing exercises, deep relaxations, visualisations, comforting massage. These will be practiced during the sessions and resources given to you to practice at home.
- How to release any fear you have around childbirth and increase your confidence.
- About the physiology of birth and how the mind and body work together.
- How Fathers/Partners/Birthing partners can support you during this precious time
- How to work with your caregivers to achieve the best birth for you.
- Additional reading recommendations
At what point in pregnancy should I start?
There is no 'right' time - whatever is right for you. Most Mothers will come between 25 and 36 weeks, but I am flexible to your needs.
Does it matter what number baby this is?
No, hypnobirthing is beneficial whether this is your first baby or if you have had a baby before. As Katherine Graves explains, a lot of first time parents have the phrase "what if..." - KGHypnobirthing helps to explain these so you can safely leave them to your midwife (they are highly qualified in this, trust me!) - but you need the knowledge to understand this. For women who are expecting their second or subsequent baby, they will often say "if only I had known" or "if only someone had told me". KGH helps you let go of a previous experience, so that the birth of your next baby can be a wonderful and empowering experience.
Does my partner need to attend?
Not necessarily, but it'd be hugely beneficial if they can! Even if they're sceptical, bring them along (we celebrate scepticism!). It'll mean you can practise better together, bringing you closer on this amazing journey. In place of a partner, you are welcome to bring someone else who is going to support you during birth.
Where and when are sessions held?
Group sessions are based in Bicester, Oxfordshire and take place over 4 consecutive Thursday evenings 6:30 until 9:00pm. More details will be emailed to you on booking
I'm interested in one-to-one support, what do I do next?
If you are interested in one-to-one, please complete the contact form. We can arrange a time that is mutually convenient and can meet at your home if this works for you.